Monday, April 16, 2012

Sam Bradley Show Report, Johnny D's, Boston & Rockwood Music Hall, NYC


Johnny D's

Boston, MA
April 13, 2012


Woke up at 530am... The day had finally come!!
Checked my backpack one last time to make sure I had all I needed (bus tickets, passport and more importantly, concert tickets), Sam's 'usual' and after making sure my son was awake, grabbed the local bus to take me to the bus station.
What I hadn't factored in my planning was that it was Friday the 13th...
Caught the local bus at 715 to take me to the subway but it finally came at 725. Nerves are setting in because my bus to Boston leaves at 815 and I have a 20 minute ride to get to the subway. Made it there at 745 and ran to catch the subway that was leaving a minute later. Now, remember, it's Friday the 13th...
For no apparent reason, the subway stops between stations and everything turns dark. Granted just a minute but enough to make me start panicking. Made it to the right stop and again ran to the bus station. I now have about 8 minutes to spare...
I get to the counter only for them to tell me they have a computer fail and they're not sure they can give me my ticket! The lady calls her supervisor and, since I handed them my confirmation number, she can get my ticket. With a rushed thank you, I sprint to the right gate, with about 3 minutes left and FINALLY, I'm granted access to the bus.
Now, of course, when the day starts that way, you're scared of what'll come next...
We got stuck at customs for about 45 minutes and had to play translator for an agent. Task was not easy since they were refusing entry to one of the passengers. Still, she finally understood why she couldn't cross the border.
8 and 1/2 hours later, I'm finally in Boston!!! Not really knowing where to go except from what I read on Google maps, a friendly subway agent guided me in the right direction. 20 minutes later, I'm standing outside Johnny D's!

I know I'm early but venture inside if only to use the bathroom and who do I see? Sam!!!
Hadn't seen him in a while so we caught up on everything for a few minutes before he had to go get ready.
Now, the show... It was FANTASTIC!!! Sam and Marcus were obviously having a lot of fun and so was I!
Science, Little Sister, Soho and so many made me forget the whole morning's disaster. It was just good to see Sam again.

          (Note:  Boston additional video can be found here)
Got my 'kit' after the show and got a few more minutes with Sam before I continued on to catch the bus...to NYC!!!
A very cold bus ride (I was so thankful for my hoodie!) later, I'm in New York at around 530 in the morning. And what do you do in New York? You shop! Which I did until it was time for the concert...

Sam and Marcus were on fire!!!! I sent you the set list (again, thank you, Sam!) so you know what I'm talking about...

Rockwood Music Hall
New York, NY
April 14, 2012


IzzieSpice

 I was in awe throughout the show! I've seen Sam in a lot of places but New York brings something out in him that is explosive!!!


IzzieSpice

You've seen the videos, you know the feeling.

IzzieSpice


IzzieSpice

After a goodbye and a hug from Sam, my road trip was over. Left NYC at midnight and made it back home in Montreal around 8am the next morning.

Show Reporter:  IzzieSpice
Was it worth it? Absolutely! Would I do it agIn? Hell, yeah!!!!
Thank you Sam for the great memories!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment